Technical Specifications for Spot UV Business Cards
• For multi-name cards, please provide 1 PDF file which contains all designs. The running order should be card 1 front, card 1 back, card 2 front, card 2 back etc. We will require all designs, even if they are duplications.
• For Spot UV business cards, please supply your artwork as a 4-page PDF. Page 1 is the front of the artwork, page 2 is the back of the artwork, page 3 is the Spot UV artwork for the front and page 4 is the Spot UV artwork for the back.
• The Spot UV artwork should contain solid black shapes in
the exact position where the Spot UV is required.
• Please ensure Spot UV artwork is 100% black only and
does not contain any cyan, magenta or yellow.
• We advise that Spot UV artwork is supplied as vector to
ensure the best result.
• Please note: Spot UV is applied using a process similar to
screen printing, and has registration tolerances of
approximately ±0.5 mm. It is not therefore recommended
that small text or thin lines are Spot UV’d as perfect
register cannot be guaranteed.
• If you are printing a one-sided document, then a 2-page
PDF is required where page 1 is the design and page 2 is
the Spot UV artwork.
• If you are printing a double-sided document but Spot UV
is required on one side only, then still submit a 4-page
PDF leaving the page blank where Spot UV is not
• Finished size is 85 x 55mm (91 x 61mm with 3mm bleed)
• Include 3mm bleed on all sides
• Supply as a CMYK PDF
• Outline or embed fonts